Exactly 12 months ago Old Mutual Limited became an independently listed company and WOW, what a year it’s been!
NOW is the time to check out 12 highlights:
- We expressed our pride in our African roots with a bold and vibrant new brand identity.
- We ‘radicalised’ our values and shifted our culture to build a high performance, impactful organisation.
- Our technology advanced rapidly: our first robot began operating and our automation rate reached 62%.
- We sold our business in Latin America and increased our focus on growing in Africa.
- Old Mutual Rewards launched, encouraging more than 70 000 customers (so far) to develop responsible money habits and achieve financial wellbeing.
- Users of 22seven, our money management app, can now track more than 1 800 cryptocurrencies in rands, a first for South Africa.
- AMPD Studios, a thrilling new sponsorship alive with energy and spirit, was launched to support talented musos.
- We committed R1 billion to agriculture, R34 billion to clean energy, R2.3 billion to quality education.
- We improved our B-BBEE shareholding from 19.5% to 22.84% and allocated R700 million to loan funding for black owned enterprises (through the Masisizane Fund in 2018)
- Capital returns worth R45.9 billion were distributed and R91.5 billion paid to customers (in 2018, incl. insurance claims, annuity payouts and investment maturities).
- We positioned ourselves as a leading Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) investment manager to all clients.
- R10 000 worth of Old Mutual shares awarded to each qualifying permanent employee.